The University of Queensland Rugby Academy (Academy) is a venture aimed at assisting individuals, teams, clubs, or schools to meet their rugby goals. Its mission is to be globally recognised as the premier fee-for-service Coaching and Player Academy.
The Academy specialises in the design and delivery of rugby education and development systems to meet the needs of Australian and international customers. Programs are delivered by world-class coaches, and supported by The University of Queensland’s world renowned School of Human Movement Studies to deliver a pre-eminent package combining sports science, athlete analysis and supreme rugby tuition.
Applying best practice recommendations from Australian Rugby Union High Performance Skill Development Models, the Academy is cutting edge.
The Academy has developed a number of products:
Off Season Development Program
– Run from October through to February
– Designed for players looking to enhance their game in preparation for the 2019 Season
– Core skills development, position specific skill development , strength & conditioning
– Open to international and domestic players
School Holiday Program
– Available for players aged between 15 and 17
– Designed for players looking to enhance their game for 1st XV and other representative selection
– Dates TBC
– Evaluation of rugby programs
– Development of coach and player education programs
– Specialist coaching
The Academy will continue to invest in the research and development of skill acquisition and elite coach education ensuring that its programs and products remain at the forefront of best practice delivery.